best wireless router 2018 : It is impossible to imagine life without WiFi these days. You need the internet up-and-running, always raring to go so that you can streamline as many as movies and web series you want to, you can play online games sitting in the best gaming chair and using your favorite gaming keyboard! All this needs a good WiFi connection and good wireless router, if only the latter were that easy! You are practically bombarded with choices and it is a task to pick one among too many of them. Screaming at the top, there are “me-too” wireless routers , then there are some that are simply way out of your reach because of the price tags associated with them such as Netgear R8500 and ASUS AC5300 and some that simply don’t fulfill your needs.
- 0.1 Top 10 Best Wireless Routers 2018
- 0.2 Best Wireless Router Reviews
- 0.2.1 Netgear Nighthawk R7000 – AC1900 Dual-Band Router : Best wifi router Under $200
- 0.2.2 ASUS RT-AC5300 – Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Router : Best wireless Router for Gaming
- 0.2.3 Amped Wireless RTA2600 Athena Router : Best Wireless Router for Home
- 0.2.4 TP –Link Archer C7 : Best wireless Router under $100
- 0.2.5 D-Link AC3200 Ultra Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router : Best Range Wireless Router
- 0.2.6 Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station
- 0.2.7 Google WiFi
- 0.2.8 Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 : Best Gaming wifi Router
- 1 The Best Wireless Router Summery
Top 10 Best Wireless Routers 2018
|Device Name||Weight||LAN Port||Wireless Comm||Band||Rating/Check Price|
|NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 Dual-Band||3.5 pounds||4||802.11ac||Dual-Band||4.3 Out of 5 Star
|Asus RT-AC88U Dual-Band (Editor’s Choice)||2.6 pounds||8||802.11 b/g/n||Dual-Band||3.9 Out of 5 Star
|Amped Wirelss RTA2600 Athena MU-MIMO||2.6 pounds||4||802.11ac||Tri-Band||3.2 Out of 5 Star
|TP-Link Archer C7 Dual-Band||1.9 pounds||4||802.11ac||Dual-Band||4.0 Out of 5 Star
|D-Link DIR 890L Tri-Band||2.5 pounds||4||802.11ac||Tri-Band||3.9 Out of 5 Star
|Apple AirPort Extreme Dual-Band||2.1 pounds||3||802.11ac||Dual-Band||4.6 Out of 5 Star
|Google WiFi System||0.74 pounds||2/point||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac||Dual-Band||4.3 Out of 5 Star
|Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6||4.11 pounds||6||802.11ac/ad||Tri-Band||4.1 Out of 5 Star
|TP-Link Talon AD7200||4 pounds||4||802.11ad||Multi-Band||4.0 Out of 5 Star
|Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6||1.8 pounds||4||802.11ac||Tri-Band||4.0 Out of 5 Star
This best wireless router review intends to deliver on what you need. Most importantly, the information you are looking out for and the second, what is the best option available for you, for, you shouldn’t be wasting your time on the number of options as well as money too. Scroll down to read and make an informed decision when you decide to buy wireless router online or offline.
Best Wireless Router Reviews
The routers were judged and analyzed on three main standpoints which are installation, performance and configuration. The design also played an important part to this selection because we wouldn’t want you to struggle with the bulky and unsightly boxes in the name of wireless routers.
So, here we go!
Netgear Nighthawk R7000 – AC1900 Dual-Band Router : Best wifi router Under $200
This can easily be termed as the best wireless router under $200. This dual-band router comes from Netgear, a brand that has already established itself for its offering of superlative product lineup of wireless routers. The hardware is top-notch and the performance is simply brilliant. This sturdy looking router offers you 1,300 MPbs speed on a 5Ghz band and 600 Mbps on 2.4Ghz. It is easy to install and affordable too!
It has a minimal look of all-black body and packs in 3-detachable antennas. Some users can find its weight an issue to deal with and that’s entirely true because you would like to free some space for this bulky router. Though, a wireless router is something that you won’t be moving around much so this issue can easily be dealt with. As far as the performance of Netgear Nighthawk R7000 is concerned, it easily takes away the credit of being one of the fastest wireless routers with absolutely no performance hiccups or glitches. It also complies with various bands.
This Netgear wireless router comes with QoS feature that lets you manage the downstream and upstream speed of the Internet connection. The open VPN and open DNS ensure that you have a complete parental control. It also has an enabled DD-WRT, which runs 3rd party Linux-based firmware.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router is the monster of all dual band routers. It supports 600+1300 Mbps and has features that reduce interference to increase the speed. It is best for wide range coverage. If you have a big home, you should say, “hello” to the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900. This one also features open source support.
It comes with easy installation guides in PDF form and a QR code you can scan for video guides. The NETGEAR genie should make the process easier for all users. Your automatic id and password for the NETGEAR account are admin and password. You can get the NETGEAR genie app for your smartphone.
This 1900Mbps dual band router comes with a 1GHz dual core processor for boosting wireless, Wan to LAN and wired performance. This promises the ultimate lag-free 11AC gaming speed optimized for consoles including your Xbox.
It offers the best range among its contemporaries. It is best suited for large homes. It is very reliable and it can boost the range of your Wi-Fi connection on 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands.
The smart Wi-Fi router comes with a smart design. This extensible design provides prioritization of data. The3-antenna model offers 4 LAN ports, 1 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 ports and VPN support.
- It offers state of the art Dynamic Quality of Service or QoS. It relieves internet traffic.
- Save, share and access your files through the NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD. Enjoy data security with ReadyShare Vault PC software.
- Play your media on DLNA TV and gaming consoles.
- Use USB 3.0 that is 10x faster than USB 2.0. Front mounted USB port design.
- Comes with easy Push n Connect feature.
- Range is limited compared to its AC1900 2017 rivals.
- Price is quite steep
- Asus and Linksys have easier setup processes.
ASUS RT-AC5300 – Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Router : Best wireless Router for Gaming
ASUS RT-AC 5300 looks classy and fully loaded with features. However, the router comes with a price tag that would make you think twice about before buying it but make no mistake as it is totally worth every penny you choose to invest in it.
It has 6 detached antennas and it can also work as an open VPN server or network attached storage. If you are looking for a simple wireless router, you shouldn’t consider this as it is something that a real networking enthusiast may admire and wouldn’t mind paying for it. It is easy to install and its web interface is also very simple. If you are looking for something cheaper from the same brand, you can go for AC 1900 that boasts of some of the capabilities that this router does.
Some users find its bulky size overkill and its lack of multiple LAN ports quite a buzz kill but if you aren’t worried about Ethernet ports much, it is not much of an issue to begin with.
The ASUS RT-AC88U Wireless-AC3100 Dual Band Gigabit Router from Asus is the flagship router design from the company. It uses 1024- QAM technology for offering greater speed. It is 80% faster 5 GHz at up to 2100 Mbps. The new RT-AC88U looks and feels like a gaming accessory. This is a USP for the router because it caters to a crowd of gaming enthusiasm. The super-fast router is ideal for MMORPGs.
The RT-AC88U has new tricks up its sleeve for gamers. You get the option to join a GPN (gamer’s private network) during set up. During installation, you can set your priorities of using the router. You can put “gaming” on top of the list if you want access to aforementioned private network. You can also choose between web surfing, video and audio streaming and file transferring among other uses.
Upon repetitive “real life” testing scenarios, we have seen that the router performs superbly at the 5GHz rage. It Lands in the middle of benchmark numbers at 15 feet and 30 feet. At 15 feet, it can hit a speed of 829 Mbps. It is not as fast as the NETGEAR Nighthawk models, but it is nonetheless commendable.
At the 2.4 GHz testing, the ASUS RT-AC88U Wireless-AC3100 Dual Band Gigabit Router took the crown by hitting square 161 Mbps.
The dual router has 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz connectivity. It uses a Broadcom chipset that offers NitroQAM. This allows higher bandwidth than regular AC routers when you use compatible adapters for pairing. This in turn boosts the total bandwidth from 1732 Mbps to 2167 Mbps (25%).
The design oozes gaming. The niche black and red exterior is identifiable for gaming mods. The heatsinks of the dual band router are red as well. It has 8 LAN ports that is compatible with its gaming specific QoS.
- It supports MU-MIMO. You need clients however to make this feature work. Since MU-MIMO clients are rather rare, this pro is limited to only certain users.
- It supports link aggregation via the LAN ports if you have a NAS.
- It is not as fast as the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC 1900.
- The color might be too flashy for non-gamers and professional data users.
Amped Wireless RTA2600 Athena Router : Best Wireless Router for Home
This Athena router is affordable and does justice to common user as well as hardcore network users. It may come across as rather lackluster and minus the bling but don’t mistake it for just another router as it fares pretty well in all departments of installation and performance.
The control panel is pretty amazing and responsive. It is a minimal router, and doesn’t pack a multitude of features but whatever it does; it excels in all of them. The powerful hardware it carries enables it to provide a lag-free and responsive performance. It is also compact and easy on eyes, unlike its counterparts. It can connect multiple devices and with no lag in speed or performance, whatsoever!
The Amped Wireless ATHENA, High Power AC2600 Wi-Fi Router with MU-MIMO (RTA2600) is an ultimate design for a multi-device household. If you are planning on adopting an IoT lifestyle, this one will be your best friend. It features the latest Mu-MIMO technology that enables multiple devices to send and receive data. This router grants uninterrupted streaming for everyone.
Each antenna streams one frequency for offering smooth connectivity across multiple devices. It comes with a 512 DDR3 memory, 4 x 2.4 GHz high power amps and signal amps. It also includes 4 x 5GHz signal reception amps and high power amps. It runs on a 1.4 GHz dual core processor.
It comes with complete offline and online installation guides. It has a simple setup wizard that makes the process easy as breeze.
It offers extremely fast AC2600 Wi-Fi technology. It can stream 4 streams of Wi-Fi data at once and offer up to 4-times more speed than a N600.
The high power amps make sure that you get Wi-Fi throughout your home and office.
- It comes with advanced security features that can block websites and utilize the SPI firewall. You can adjust the coverage of your network as well.
- It also gives 4 Wi-Fi streams to all users. And unparalleled AC 2600 Wi-Fi speeds.
- You can optimize specific bandwidths for specific applications across various devices in your home.
- You can share, save and send files using a USB drive locally or remotely.
It comes with a USB 2.0 port, 16 advanced amplifiers and 4 high gain antennas. It has a gigabit modem port and WPS 1-touch setup. It comes with 4 Gigabit Network Ports and gold-plated RJ SMA Connectors.
TP –Link Archer C7 : Best wireless Router under $100
If you are looking for best wireless router under $100, you are in luck with this router. The router may seem all plastic-y compared to its expensive peer but it does make a point fair and right with its perfect performance! Whether you want to enjoy online gaming or streaming, it is perfect for the both.
It gives you a combined speed of up to 1.75Gbps. In fact, with all its features at this price, it easily takes the credit of the best budget wireless router that is available out there! Since you aren’t paying much to begin with, be ready to compromise a bit on the build quality. It is an entry-level router and the build isn’t sturdy enough. So, if you drop it once, be prepared for some cracks on the body. It has six antennas, out of which 3 are detached and are based external whereas the 3 of them are internal so that you get pretty good range. The router also features NAS capability but it is strictly average and nothing to write home about. It is large in size and you need to free up quite some space for it.
The new TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 is a unique sub-$100 model that offers great speed and user experience. It is a 802.11 AC network router that offers transfer speeds of up to 1300 Mbps. It is backed up with 3x3 450 Mbps 802.11n capabilities. It is IPv6 ready. It comes with the option of access to a guest network that keeps files private and secure.
The TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 is easy to install. It comes with a guide for installation and a wizard. It has super-fast configuration with an easy-to-use user interface.
It supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. It has 3 external 5dBi antennas and 3 more internal antennas that take care of the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bandwidths respectively. It includes a built-in DLNA server.
It offers a strong 1300 Mbps same-room connection. The transfer speed is standard at 14 Mb/s and that is a suboptimal speed compared to all router speeds in the market.
It is a compact, full black design that comes with 3 external antennae for two distinct bands. It supports two spatial streams on each of the bands. It comes with 2 USB 2.0 ports and a one-touch WPS button.
- It is affordable as compared to the other high-speed models mentioned here.
- Quite easy to install. Comes with a setup wizard.
- Includes plenty of management and customization settings.
- Offers a bulky user interface.
- It only has USB 2.0 type ports.
- File transfer (AC) speeds dwindle from time to time.
- The V1 version of the Archer A7 is suboptimal. You should go for the V2 or V3 if you want extended range inside your home or office.
D-Link AC3200 Ultra Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router : Best Range Wireless Router
It is a successor of DIR-890 and is a dual-band router. Though it isn’t as expensive as the previous model and still scores a ten on the features that are far more refined as well as fare well vis-à-vis.
The design isn’t much different so you still get a sleeker and a beautiful router to flaunt. The detachable antennas keep the router compact. Talking about performance, this router does amazingly well with both the bandwidths of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and offers superior range with long and stable connection. It comes with D-Link cloud service. However, its interface can take you a little time to understand as it is new yet easy to understand.
The new D-Link AC3200 Ultra Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router is a sight to behold. It comes with a lethal matte red and black design that gamers love. This is a unique new-generation router that delivers solid performance with superb looks.
The physical installation is quite simple. The aerials are already in place. You need to hook it up to your modem and fire it up. It comes with a setup wizard. You can go to D-Link router’s homepage and start with the login process.
It comes with a QoS priority list that is quite basic.
This is a flagship model from D-Link. This spaceship like design is followed by solid performance. It offers up to AC3200 speeds. It has three bands instead of two and that is saying something! It offers 1 x 2.4 GHz and 2 x 5GHz bands for the users.
Users can enjoy up to 2 x 1300 Mbps and 600 Mbps speeds simultaneously. It isn’t as fast as the NETGEAR Nighthawk that hits up to 1900 Mbps.
- It offers printer and USB sharing options. It comes with both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports for faster sharing.
- Private network and file security is an added bonus with this model.
- The device comes with 4-gigabit Ethernet ports for your PC and networking connections. The 5th Ethernet socket attaches to your modem.
- The price is too steep.
- The router is about 38cm x 23 cm, in other words, it is huge. The aerials make it stand about 11 cm tall. This means, you cannot mount it vertically either.
If you think it looks like an alien spaceship out of some dystopian game or movie, you are absolutely right. It has quite an outlandish design and the 6 antennae simply complete the entire look. This D-Link DIR 890L is a mishmash of good angular looks and high speed that keeps work smooth and breezy.
If you are a loyalist of Cupertino Company, here is yet another delight from the maker. Like every other product from Apple, it doesn’t conform to the pre-defined set of shapes and rules. The design is compact and a treat for eyes!
Apple wireless router here is named AirPort Extreme Base Station and every inch the rare combination of style and substance. It support latest WiFi standards and offers stable and long range connection. It is one of the best wifi router for long range. It is a dual-band router and incredibly fast at it. In all three departments of design, installation and performance, the router is at par! However, there have been no major or substantial upgrades to it, which prove to be real pain point given that the OEM is quite pro-active with them for its other devices.
The new Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station (ME918LL/A) features an intelligent design. The easy to use router with dual band support is perfect for big homes, offices, schools and large spaces. This one offers an 802.11 AC Wi-Fi support with high power connection for MAC, PC and iDevices. This offers up to 3x stronger and faster Wi-Fi support with dual band technology. You can enjoy both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bandwidths at the same time.
This one comes with a built-in setup assistant. You can connect your DSL, cable model to your AirPort Extreme router, and use the assistant for continuing setup. It requires a few clicks on your PC or a few taps from your iPhone to set the Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station (ME918LL/A) up.
The new Wi-Fi router from Apple is compatible with all devices using 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n and 802.11ac. It features a built-in firewall that can protect your network and files from external threats.
There are 6 internal antennae in total with 3 allotted for 2.4 GHz band and 3 for the 5 GHz band. Along with the 802.11ac tech, they will help you connect faster to the WWW or any other devices on the same network.
- Intelligent, fuss-free, wireless setup.
- New design for better performance and higher speed.
- Supports 802.11ac and excellent performance in the 2.4 GHz band.
- There is no web management interface. No control over Wi-Fi network.
- There are only 3 LAN ports. No USB 3.0 port.
- Slow data transfer between USB port and device.
It is a compact design. Just like almost all other Apple products, it is a product-based design that makes it sleek, smooth and classy. It has no visible external antennae. It comes with gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, USB port and a Gigabit Ethernet WAN port.
Google takes our heart and of course, money away with its offering. This beautiful round piece of beauty isn’t anything like what we see or know wireless routers as. You can put it in a corner and it will simply woo and become the center point of your décor. It is the advanced wireless mesh and not a mundane device. It is easy to configure. In fact, it won’t even take more than 5 minutes to set it up. Just connect it over Ethernet and log in using your password and username and you are good to go!
It also features traffic prioritization so that you can manage your bandwidth as and when you need it. For instance, you need more bandwidth when you are gaming online or playing a 4K video. The WIFi extender by Google does exactly that! However, you may have to invest in more than two units to utilize its function completely but it is worth it!
The Google Wi-Fi system is as simple as it gets. It is priced at $299 for a set of 3. It does not collect user-end data without permission and it is definitely cheaper than contemporary next-gen Wi-Fi systems like Eero and Orbi. With multiple Wi-Fi points, you will always have access to the fastest connection available.
Installing the Google Wi-Fi system is rather fun. It takes only 10-15 minutes to set up using any android device. The entire process is quite self-explanatory too. You won’t need any tutorials or manual guides to set the set of 3 up in your home or workspace. To avoid slow speed you should connect the 3 units together using network cables.
According to Google, the system analyses its air space to configure its signals accordingly. The best Wi-Fi band is auto-selected for the client from its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz speeds.
Each unit or Wi-Fi point can cover up to 1200 square feet of area. The three together can cover up to 4000 square feet.
The simple design is synonymous to Google's visionary product designing principles. The router comes with built-in smarts to keep your network strong and fast. It replaces a single Wi-Fi with multiple points with multiple Wi-Fi points across the room that keep the net signal strong and file transfers smooth. This offers a new Wi-Fi home experience where you can add units in your workspace, kitchen, bathroom, garage or wherever you want!
- If you already own one of Google's OnHub, it can also work as a Wi-Fi point.
- Google Wi-Fi app will tell you what devices are connected. You can troubleshoot using the app and run speedtests to see what isholding up the file transfer.
- Setting up a guest network is a breeze with the Google Wi-Fi app.
- Each time you extend the wireless signaling you will lose signal. This means slower speed.
Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 : Best Gaming wifi Router
If you are looking for best wireless router for gaming and video streaming specifically, then Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6 is your go-to option. You can also settle for an upgrade version of Nighthawk AC3200 if you want something better and don’t want to settle on the basic model. It is a tri-band router and expensive given its features.
The Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Router comes with breakthrough Wi-Fi technology that can connect each and every device inside your home. Its connection is X6 accelerated. It features a powerful combination of 3.2Gbps, 2 Wi-Fi bands and smart connect intelligence. It has a dynamic QoS that makes sure you are always on the fastest network available.
NETGEAR has automatic setup. The X6 takes about 5 minutes to set up. Every step is illustrated in the instruction manual. The router will also direct you to a NETGEAR Genie setup page. You can start installation with the genie for easy guided installation steps. The setup wizard comes with a set of FAQs for all troubleshooting needs.
It has AC3200 with 600 mbps and 1300 mbps speeds.
It is ideal for very large homes.
It has 6 antennae that boost the Tri-band signal. It comes with a 1 GHz dual core processor with 3 offload processors, 128MB of flash memory, and 256MB of RAM.
It has 5-gigabit Ethernet ports, 1 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 port. The back panel has 1 WAN port and 4 LAN ports.
- Gives you remote access and control with the NETGEAR genie.
- Offers implicit and explicit beam-forming for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
- Completely secure file transfer with private network support and VPN support. Offers double firewall protection and protection from DoS attacks.
- It is compatible with all 802.11ac devices.
- The network map feature is rather weak.
- The QoS feature needs improvement.
- Connections can timeout beyond 30 feet.
The Best Wireless Router Summery
Best Wireless Router Buying Guide 2018
Wireless routers security:
You will understand the need of security if you entertain a lot of houseguests, students, AirBNB guests and random people. The added layer of security on your wireless network keeps your host network safe and your cloud secure from external threats.
- WEP (wired equivalent privacy)
- WPA (Wi-Fi protected access)
this is the most commonly used Wi-Fi security in the world. It is easy to maintain and implement since it is most widely used. In addition to the common 128-bit encryption, the 256-bit encryption is also available.
to cover for the vulnerabilities in the WEP standard, the WIFI alliance came up with WPA. The most common standard is the WPA-PSK along with a 256-encryption. They WPA includes message integrity checks and Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP). Many routers are now using WPA2 that uses AES algorithm.
What is the best Wi-Fi security option for you?
If we rank Wi-Fi security from the best to the worst, we have the following order
- WPA2 + AES
- WPA + AES
- WPA + TKIP/AES (TKIP is there as a fallback method)
- WPA + TKIP
- Open Network (no security at all)
Experts consider anything below WEP ineffective.
- USB Functionality
- Wired Port
- Antenna Type
USB ports are there on a router to connect a flash driver, USP printer or a hard drive and a camera. If your router has built-in servers for these devices, the backup, sharing and printing processes become a lot faster and easier.
LAN ports are there to connect your wireless Wi-Fi system to your computer using an Ethernet cable. Unless you are going for a cheaper model, chances are, you will end up with a router than supports Gigabit Ethernet 1000Mbps connection that is 10 times faster than the average Fast Ethernet connection.
A wireless router broadcasts multiple signals using multiple antennas. More advanced routers like the Linksys AC1900 Dual Band WRT1900ACS and T-Link Talon7200 come with beamforcing technology. This provides better performance and coverage to all devices in range. This technology can, not only find devices on the network, it can aggregate and beam the signals right at them for higher speed.
In the presence of Multi User-Multiple Input Multiple Output or MU-MIMO, your Wi-Fi signal router can connect multiple devices at the same time on different frequencies. This allows all the devices on the network to get strong signal at a high bandwidth. The ASUS RT-AC88U Wireless-AC3100, Amped Wireless ATHENA, High Power AC2600 and the TP-Link Talon AD7200 all offer MIMO technology to the user.
Most data centers and a large number of ISPs in the USA support IPv6. IPv4 has only 4.3 billion addresses. Almost everyone has at least 3 devices connected to the internet. People are using multiple of these. With so many connections, we are tapping the system dry. IPv6 is a lease of new life. It gives us the scope of 340 undecillion addresses.
The IPv6 addresses are 128-bit encrypted. They are safer, better and plenty! When you are buying a router, you should make sure it is IPv6 ready. Right now, most routers are ready for IPv6. You can convert your IPv4 to the newer model easily by logging into your router and enabling it!
Handy Buying Guide to Buy Wireless Router in 2018
If you have been looking for information on how to buy wireless router or the criteria that could help you choose the right one. With different routers offering different features, speeds and WiFi standards, you get plenty of choices that could make you at your wits’ ends!
Understanding a Wireless Router
- A wireless router has three major points, a router, network switch and wireless access point. The router manages and directs traffic to the different devices that are connected to your network. A router is basically a device that sends data from one network to another.
- A network switch is the connecting point, which connects the devices over Ethernet cables.
- A wireless access point is the part that consists of an antenna used to transmit and receive signals.
- A dual band router is the most common among the wireless router. They can operate on two frequencies namely 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Similarly a trial band supports three frequencies. However, tri-band wireless routers haven’t got any momentum so far in the market but this hasn’t stopped the makers to experiment with and launch new technologies as well as models in the market.
- N600 Routers give you a combines the speed of 600Mbps and you get two speeds of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. These are old school and aren’t suitable for high-speed internet we are used to these days.
- The successor of N600 routers is N900 router. These upgraded models of WiFi routers bring you a speed of 900 Mbps evenly divided between the speeds of the said bands.
- Routers like AC1750, AC1900, AC3250 , AC5300 and DD-WRT are designed to give you a speed of 1,750 Mbps. The speed of 450 Mbps is slotted for 2.4 GHz band and the rest of 1,300 Mbps is for 5 GHz.
- When you use a wireless router, you get a unique IP address that shields you from security threats like hacking and malware attack. This unique ID is different for every device you choose to connect with WiFi.
- The best wireless router is easy to install and set up won’t take more than 10 minutes. It shouldn’t take much space either and should be easy to move as well. It shouldn’t use many cables either otherwise there is no point in calling it one.
- For wireless routers with NAS, you should look for one that support external hard drive so that you can connect to the port and store data. Plug-n-Play we mean!
- Usually every WiFi router comes with DLNA support, which ensures that you can manage and control media over the network. Be it audio or video, you can manage the files using the network. Many routers also feature shared printing, backup servers and USB port.
The market of wireless router can send you into dizzy and this makes finding the best wireless router that fulfills all your expectations and needs perfectly, quite an arduous task. This buying guide for wireless routers and perfectly created wireless router review make for the best start. Here we help you to find the best wireless router with the power of knowledge as per your need and budget. Always remember any router that fits your bill perfectly, money wise too, is the best wireless router for you!