Best Windshield Washer Fluid 2019 : Reviews and Buying Guide
A windshield washer fluid or a wiper fluid is an alternative solution for your car. Now you may choose not to opt for one & go for the simple solution: water to clean your windshield but just to inform you some of the very handy advantages of these fluids, which can make your life a lot easier.
These are specialized fluids which can do a lot other than just cleaning. The best part is these fluids are not very heavy on pockets. These usually come in either diluted form or concentrated form. Go through the article & get a detailed idea of why to choose? How to choose? & what to choose?
Following is the list of few of the best windshield washer fluid that you can spend your money on.
Best windshield washer fluid 2019
This is a highly concentrated washer from Ne xtzett, which comes in the small packages. Packed with a great capacity to clean off dirt with just a few sprays. Has a strong & unpleasant smell, which sometimes especially in summer if you drive with windows down can be unpleasant. It has to be diluted properly or else it can ruin your reservoir. Cleans off bugs as well as dirt, while reducing wiper skipping.
- Reduces glare & smears
- Cleans multiple kinds of stuff including bugs
- One bottle can produce 12 gallons of washer
- Strong & unpleasant smell
- High concentration can destroy the reservoir by causing leaks
This best windshield washer fluid is one of the cheapest product on our list, from Rain-X is another concentrated washer fluid. Much like our previous product this product is also required to be diluted before applying. A small pack can be diluted to four gallons of the washer. It also comes with a great feature which can bead water. The water beading feature won’t exactly appears from the first go but you’ll start noticing it as you reuse the fluid washer. Other than the previous feature it can remove light frosts, bugs & dirt.
- A small pack makes 4 gallons of washer fluid
- Water beading feature
- Multiple cleaning usages
- Needs to be used frequently or it can jam the sprayer
- Needs to be diluted properly or else it can create a hole in the reservoir
- It may leave marks.
Next in line of best windshield washer fluid is a bug washer from Prestone, which comes in a big one-gallon jar. The one-gallon jar makes it usable for a long It is a great product to clean off bugs, bug stains, bird droppings & tree saps. It also provides a streak-free shine on the windshield.
The best part is it has a light & beautiful citrus smell, so unlike the two previous product, it won’t irritate you with its smell.
- Comes in a big one-gallon jar
- Can kill bacteria from dead bugs & bird dropping
- It is an efficient cleaning agent
- Has a nice smell
- Doesn’t come in small quantity
- Just testing can be a costly affair
- Not designed for low temperature
This is a product from the invisible A product which is designed not to get complains from the driver about leaving a film which usually happens after using some windshield washer. This product specifically is planned out not to get that film, as the name suggests invisible glass.
Also designed to work perfectly in both hot & cold weather & repeal water specifically rainwater to provide a clear vision of the road. The bottle can make 2.5 gallons of the washer. You can either directly pour it into the reservoir or you can mix it separately with water. Also can be mixed with your seasonal washer fluid & enjoy the advantage of both.
- Good & efficient washer
- Works in all weather
- Can be mixed with water to make 2.5 gallons of washer
- Can be combined with other washers
- Concentration decreases with time
- Refilling the reservoir needs it to be drained properly
This is typically what the name suggests removes ice from your windshield. Brought to you by a company named Camo. Comes with a sprayer bottle which is not required to mix with water as well as not required to put into your reservoir to Use. Just can spray it on the ice & see the wonder it can do.
Extremely efficient in low temperature & can remove ice or frost in a jiffy. Only negative of this product is it not a good product if you want the cleaner to work &clean something else other than ice. It would not only remove ice but would prevent from building up further. The formula is thick & is designed to stay in place.
- Comes in easy spraying bottle & is not required to mix with water to dilute
- Efficient & thick formula
- The sprayer gives you good control on where to spray
- Instantly cleans ice
- Anti-freeze agent
- Slightly expensive
- Cannot put in the reservoir means you need to carry it with you when you are traveling long distances in winter
- Won’t work well in hot temperature
- Can only be used externally
Best Windshield Washer Fluids Buying Guide
Why Buy One?
Basically, a windshield fluid is designed to crush down the dust, dirt, bugs or even ice to provide you a clear vision through your windshield. It also cleans off bacteria from birds dropping & dead insects or bugs. Also if you live in an area where the temperature reaches freezing in winter, these fluids will be very handy as they won’t freeze up in winter. It won’t clog up with pipes & some windshield fluids are designed to clean frozen layers.
Types of Windshield Fluids
Before making a purchase decision for any type of windshield washer fluids you must be familiar with the types first. There are products which will solve a variety of need.
- Anti-Freeze Windshield Washer: This kind would prevent your windshield from freezing. One of the major ingredients of this kind is Methanol. If you live in an area with an extreme cold this type would be perfect for you. Extreme cold weather would actually freeze water because of low freezing temperature.
- De-Icer Windshield Washer: This type will de-ice your windshield in case your car is parked outside on cold winter nights. This is designed to improve visibility & clear only light frost.
- Water Repellent Windshield Washer: This is a very handy washer if you drive in rain or you stay in an area with heavy rain. This product is equipped with washer fluids which can remove water stains & layers the windshield which acts as a repellent to water as well snow.
- Bug Repellent Windshield Washer: Bugs are something which you cannot keep away from while you are driving, especially when driving through the highways. Bugs can be a terrible problem which gets smashed into the windshield. This type of washer fluid is usually concentrated which cleans bugs & bug stains immediately. Also works well with bird droppings & tree saps.
- All Season Windshield Washer: Works, as the name suggests. It is suitable for all season. It doesn’t matter if you stay in a cold place or hot, it can do its job perfectly cleaning the unwanted off your windshield. It can work properly to clean off winter freeze as well as bugs.
- Formula Windshield Washer Fluid (2-1): This is a specially made washer fluid which is specially designed for cleaning bugs as well as de-freezing or defrosting of the windshields. If you want the best of both world this is an excellent product.
- Formula Windshield Washer Fluid (3-1): This is another type of formulated windshield washer which can carry out three purposes in one go. It can clean off bugs, frost as well as works as a repellent towards water preventing watermarks. So if you face all these problems this can be a good
- Liquid Concentrated Windshield Washer: As the name suggests this is a type of washer fluid which is concentrated. High concentrated makes it an excellent cleaning agent. But most importantly this needs to be diluted with water in the ratio prescribed. Different washer would have a different dilute ratio. These are usually inexpensive & comes in small containers.
- Tablet Concentrated Windshield Washer: These are the cheapest form of windshield washer, also these are the one to go for if you have a storage place. These come in small tablets which are required to be mixed in a gallon of water to transform into liquid form.
Now when we are clear about the types of windshield washer there are few other things which are needed to be taken into consideration before you make a purchase decision.
- Choose a washer which suits your climate. There are manufacturers producing all season windshield washer as well as washer which are best for the cold windshield Washers which works in winter season can support a temperature -400c. Adding a de-icer solution can work as antifreeze.
- Avoiding high methanol content in the washer is suggested if you are not living in an area with low temperature. Methanol is an effective antifreeze but is very toxic in nature. Also if stored in a hot place methanol tends to heat up quickly.
- There is also the presence of ethanol in formulated washer fluids. If you are opting for a crystal form it is very important you dilute in a proper ratio based on what weather, you live.
- Fluids like ethanol, the winter formula or ethylene glycol or EG is an agent which is premixed with distilled water. These also have antifreeze agents which can also heat up a lot in hot temperature. EG also has a polishing character which polishes windshield.
As discussed earlier it is always important to eye for the product which will actually suit your need appropriately & then make a purchase decision. There is numerous product available both online & offline which are more or less similar to each other. The above list of best windshield washer fluid will give you an idea about the product & their proper usage which can make your life a little easier while choosing a windshield cleaner fluid. You may not actually decide to choose a washer for your daily use but a good windshield washer fluid can improve your driving experience a lot smoother & safer. Share with us your views about any other similar product in the comment down below.
Also Check :