The world has moved on to a phase where health related issues and concerns are dealt on a high priority. There has been a lot of technical innovation in terms of fitness equipments and they are being extensively used by people of all ages and gender to stay fit and in shape. While most of us while considering for fitness equipments look for big size equipments, there one which is overlooked most of the times. That is a stepper machine.
- 1 Best Stepper Machine 2018
- 2 Best Stepper Machine Reviews 2018
- 2.1 1. Bowflex TreadClimber TC10
- 2.2 2. StairMaster Gauntlet Stair Climber with Backlit LCD Console (D-1)
- 2.3 3. Multisports ST-2200 Stepper : Best Mini Stepper Machine
- 2.4 4. Kettler Montana Stepper : Best Stepper Machine under $500
- 2.5 5. Sunny Twister Stepper : Best Stepper Machine under $100
- 2.6 6. Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer
- 2.7 7. Tristar Air Climber
- 2.8 8. Xiser Commercial Portable Stepper
- 2.9 9. Avari Programmable Stepper
- 2.10 10. Precor CLM 835 Commercial Series Stair Climber with P30 Console
- 3 Best Stepper Machine 2018 Buying Guide
Best Stepper Machine 2018
|Image||Best Stepper Exercise Machine||Rating/Check Price|
|Bowflex TreadClimber TC10||4.2 out of 5 Star|
|StairMaster Gauntlet Stair Climber||2.2 out of 5 Star|
|Multisports ST-2200 Stepper||3.3 out of 5 Star|
|Kettler Montana Stepper||3.3 out of 5 Star|
|Sunny Twister Stepper||4.1 out of 5 Star|
|Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer||4.0 out of 5 Star|
|Tristar Air Climber||4.0 out of 5 Star|
|Xiser Commercial Portable Stepper||4.5 out of 5 Star|
|Avari Programmable Stepper||3.2 out of 5 Star|
|Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer||5.0 out of 5 Star|
Most of us do not know the utility of such a simple exercising machine. It is major cardiovascular workout equipment. This might come as a surprise to you, but it is a fact. It has simple structure with two pedals to place your feet and sometimes has a handle for balancing. This simple mechanism has a number of benefits.
Stepper Machine Benefits
- This machine helps you to increase your aerobic capacity or in simple terms stamina to a great extent. Your physical abilities increase and you will feel that you do not become out of breath easily.
- It helps in burning calories at a steady rate. If you use it for an hour each day then, you will notice significant fat loss.
- It has minimal impact on joints which result in lowering the risk of joint wear and tear.
- It helps in toning the muscles besides calorie reduction.
- It helps in reducing the stress levels to a great extent.
- It is easy to use.
Type of Steppers Machines
There are many types of stepper machines available in the market. There are primarily four categories which are listed below.
- Stair Steppers – They are usually big in size and this category excludes the Stairmaster. They lie in a bit high price range. They are usually found in professional gyms. They are a bit more stable than the mini steppers or elliptical steppers. They feature handles for better balancing.
- Mini Steppers – These machines are usually lightweight and portable in nature. They most often do not have side rails and are useful in performing various workouts.
- StairMaster Steppers – They are the pioneers in this segment. They are usually of two kinds. The moving staircase type and the normal stepper type. They are the priciest among all other categories. They are the most effective ones in the market.
- Elliptical Trainers – These are essentially cross training equipments on which you can do the stepping exercise. They perform a forward and backward ski action in a circular motion. Hence, the stress on the knees and joints is minimal.
Now we bring to you the top 10 market best stepper machine.
Best Stepper Machine Reviews 2018
The first in our list of best Stepper Exercise Machine is the Bowflex TreadClimber TC10. The dimension of this product is 30.3 by 52.3 by 50.6 inches (W x H x D) and it has an approximate weight of 185 pounds. The machine features a dual treadle system which gives it the ability of three types of workouts. In first workout, it acts as a treadmill where the belt rotates as you walk on. In the second type of workout it becomes a conventional stepper machine wherein the two independent treadles move up and down in synchronization. In third action, it is a full on elliptical trainer which is specially meant for low impact on knee and ankle joints. So, this equipment is your complete cardiovascular workout partner.
The speed ranges from 0.5 to 4 mph. The treadles are at a height of 14 inches from the floor at their highest point. It can support a weight capacity of 300 pounds. The crystal clear display shows time, distance, speed and calories. There is a G.O. Coach console with the device that tracks the week by week progress of the user calculated on a 90 minute workout basis. Burn the calories with 3.5 times more effectiveness with this wonder equipment.
2. StairMaster Gauntlet Stair Climber with Backlit LCD Console (D-1)
The StairMaster Gauntlet Stair Climber with Backlit LCD Console (D-1) hails from the brand Stairmaster which has been a pioneer in this segment for quite some time now. The first stepper machine came from this company is 1983 and it has been delivering quality products since then. It is a favored name in gyms and professional training areas. This professional dynamic stair climber has a dimension of 58 (L) x 34 (W) x 89 (H) inches and weighs around 330 pounds. This fitness equipment has a state of the art heavy duty polypropylene design that remains dust free. The steps are wider of better comfort and balance. The step ranges anything between 26 to 162 steps per minute which will strengthen and tone your muscles at the same time. It is a complete cardiovascular workout machine. It is suitable for usage at home or at professional work space. The side rails help on posture correction so that you can get the maximum benefit of the workout. There are three different console options to choose from which makes workout fun. There is a warm bar just below it for heart rate sensor and stopping.
3. Multisports ST-2200 Stepper : Best Mini Stepper Machine
The Multisports ST-2200 Stepper machine gives you the experience of a smooth climbing familiarity with any unwanted strain. The equipment has the dimension of 39″ (L) x 38″ (W) x 60″ (H) inches and can support a weight capacity of 225 pounds. The chain driven mechanism of the device makes it less noisy.
The frame is made of steel and there is a heart rate monitor present. It works with ECB Magnetic or Adaptor. There is a LCD monitor present on the device which shows the details like time, resistance level, steps per minute, calories, heart rate, scan, count and pulse. There are 10 programmable options present of which 6 are preplanned and 4 are user defined.
It also features the manual quick start option. The best stepper machine has two types of warranty. The residential warranty has limited lifetime commitment on the frame and 1 year on the parts. For commercial usage, there is a 2 year warranty on the frame and 6 months on the parts.
4. Kettler Montana Stepper : Best Stepper Machine under $500
The Kettler Montana Stepper machine is a budget friendly option in our list compared to the first three fitness equipments. The dimension of the device is 37 x 60.25 x 28.75 inches (W x H x D) and it weighs around 80 pounds. It has the weight capacity of 250 pounds. The stair steppers machine have independent hydraulic pistons which gives you the option to adjust the resistance according to the need. The speed and intensity adjustments range from 1 to 12. The LCD of the device shows a lot of useful information like the time, step rate, height climbed and much more. There is recovery HR feature which can set from 1 to 6. The handle bars contribute towards posture correction for a progressive workout experience. The equipment will help you to lose unwanted fat, reduce calories and strengthen your lower body. It is a complete cardiovascular workout device.
5. Sunny Twister Stepper : Best Stepper Machine under $100
The Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper falls in the category of mini steppers. This portable type stepper machine has the dimension of 18.5 (L) x 16 (W) x 8 (H) inches and weighs around 20 pounds. It has the support capacity of 250 pounds. This versatile workout device is a stepper machine and can perform the function of an elliptical trainer as well. The machine is made of highly durable steel which makes it last long. The foot plates are big enough and slip resistant so that you can work out tension free and safely. The resistance can be adjusted according to need and there are arm bands that come with the package for effective workout of the upper body, arms and shoulders. The twist action can be used for toning of the lower body. There is an LCD display which shows information like total count, time, calories reduced and rep count. It also comes with a 30 day return policy in case of dissatisfaction.
The Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer is available in three impressive color variants. The dimension of the equipment is 21 x 14 x 14 inches and it weighs around 30 pounds. This makes it a lightweight and portable piece of equipment. It is perfect for home or office usage and you just put it under the desk or closet after usage.
It does not take up much space. This device consists of the stand and the foot pedal only. Its ergonomic structure makes it easy to go on the knee and ankle joints. The structure is made of heavy duty steel and the foot pedals have non slip structure for optimum safety. This machine does not come in pre assembled. There is an electronic monitor on the device that effectively tracks the exercising time, calories and strides.
The Tristar Air Climber is an all fun, small and lightweight device. The dimension of the machine is 27 x 23.5 x 11 inches and it weighs only 15 pounds. It helps in calorie reduction along with a complete body workout. The system works on the air flow mechanism. This effectively reduces the impact on joints. The air flows in between the pedals inflating the bellows. It is proven to give faster results than normal ab crunches. The package includes meal plan, workout plan, digital training computer, bonus workouts and a body cord for upper body toning.
The Xiser Commercial Portable Stepper comes in the category of mini stepper. This stepper machine is foldable in nature and has the dimension of 20.5″ x 13″ x 4″ in folding state. It weighs only 14 pounds. But do not judge its abilities on this as this is a highly durable machine made of cast aluminum alloy. It can support up to 400 pounds of weight. The machine works on patented hydraulic cylinder system along with the option of adjustable resistance as per requirement. There is silicon fluid present in the machine for smooth and noiseless functioning.
The Avari Programmable Stepper machine is from the brand of Stamina Products, Inc. The dimension of the product is 42 x 40 x 59 inches and it weighs around 147 pounds. This machine works towards a complete body workout plan emphasizing on target areas like thighs, calf, lower abdominal region and hips.
It has the unique motorized tension controlling feature which gives the machine a smooth functioning. There is an Intouch electronic monitor which includes 20 different program settings. There are certain targeted programs that you can benefits from which are body fat program, targeted heart rate control, user defined programs and much more. The foot pedals are wide for better stepping and balance. The hand rails are padded for comfortable gripping and posture control. It also contains the heart rate sensors.
10. Precor CLM 835 Commercial Series Stair Climber with P30 Console
The Precor CLM 835 Commercial Series Stair Climber with P30 Console is a popular product of Amazon. The dimension of the product is 47″ (L) x 32″ (W) x 69″ (H) and it weighs around 250 pounds. It has a stepping height of 4 to 13 inches. It is an all performance commercial level stair climber that gives you the all round cardiovascular workout benefits.
The best selling stepper machine uses durable pulley-drive system instead of chains which has fewer parts and also does not require time to time lubrication. Hence you do not need to worry about its maintenance at regular intervals. The stepper machine has self powered generator system which makes it an elliptical trainer as well. This also helps the machine to function smooth and noiselessly.
You get the benefit of 14 workout plans with 31 resistance levels. There is an in built touch sensor for heart rate tracking. The device also features Polar compatible 5 KHz wireless chest strap transmission monitor. It supports a weight capacity of 350 pounds. You can buy this equipment without worries as it comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and welds, 10 years warranty on the parts and one year on the labor.
Best Stepper Machine 2018 Buying Guide
Now that you know the kind of stepper machines available in the market you can choose which one would suit your needs but there are a still a few factors that have to be considered before you go and buy your stepper machine.
- Space Requirements: You need to have a fair idea about the floor and ceiling height where you would like to station your equipment. The stepper machines come in a wide range of sizes. A stepper machine should be of such size and should be placed in such a place so that your movements are not restricted due to space constraint. So you need to choose your stepper according to the space available. Going for a light weight portable variant is recommended if you have a space crunch. While more stable versions require a little more space.
- Step Height : The Step height is a crucial factor that has to be taken into account and can influence your exercise pattern and the effect to a great extent. Steppers generally have a standard step height of 8”. But some steppers come at 6” while some others may be as high as 12”. So choose your stepper according to the height that is more comfortable for you so that there is maximum stress on the muscles and minimum on the joints.
Also some of the steppers are motorized while some are completely manual. Some even have computerized monitoring of heart rate, pulse rate and many more. Some can even be connected to your apps. So you need to choose which features you need but you cannot compromise on the quality. Hence choosing a sturdy machine is worthy which will last you a longer period of time. Also an equipment that offers maximum resistance will give you a better and more broader effect than the others.
- Warranty : A fitness equipment is supposed to be used daily and an extended manufacturer warranty covers you of all the wear and tear that a machine undergoes on regular use. Else I have seen people using their expensive steppers to hang wet towels and you do not want yours to turn into one too. So you need to go for one that has a prolonged warranty or couple the one of your choice with an extended warranty cover so that you have a hassle free repair in case of non-function or regular wear and tear or complete break-down.
With this we come to the end of the factors that need to be looked into before investing in a stepper machine. We have provided you with a complete buying guide on how to choose your stepper machine and what all to consider when going for one. You can now select a model that suits you fine and take one step more towards a healthier you. But do not forget to consult your doctor before thinking of one because it might be that a stepper machine exercise may not suit you fine.
So this is our list of 10 best stepper machine. All the equipments are available in Amazon. So do check the features and price quotes of the same. But before you make a final choice; be sure to consider the following pointers.
- Do have a fair idea about the ceiling and floor space where you will be keeping the stepper machine. It is to be remembered that the mini steppers require less space than the other variants.
- The type of stepper machine is also important. The one machine that acts as only as a stepper may not be very attractive after some time. In that case, it is better to consider the elliptical trainers.
- Some of the steppers machine are motorized while others are manual. Go through the functionalities before purchasing.
- Some of the best steppers machine have the computerization features like heart rate monitoring, pulse and much more. It is better to look out for the same as per requirement.
- The fitness equipments are to be used on a daily basis if you are serious about your fitness goals. An extensive manufacturer warranty will protect your equipment against the wear and tear or other defects and damages.
- Reviews are the best way to find out about the equipment. There are many online reviews available which give a clear insight on the functionality and usage experience by real people.
Finally with the product list and buying guide, you are now ready to purchase the best stepper machine. Step in to the world of fitness with a brilliant stepper and stay healthy and fit.
Check Out our Other Gear Guide