Imagine a beautiful day & you have decided to take a long drive in the mountains, in your favorite car. You are enjoying the twisted tarmac& decided to stop for a quick snapshot of yours & suddenly your car refuses to start. You realize your car battery has died & there is no mechanic nearby where you can charge your battery. You can only & only make your life a little better if you have a pair of car jumper cable, obviously, you would also need the help of another car.
A jumper cable helps you to jump-start your car by attaching one end to your battery & the other end to the battery of another car which has its engine running. Basically, the cable will supply electricity to a dead battery from an external power source to revive it.
Best Jumper Cable 2019 List
We review 23 jumper cable and selected 10 best car jumper cable for your ready use. If you are in hurry just see this best jumper cable comparison table.
Best Jumper Cable Reviews
Once you are through with an idea about what type of jumper cable would be best or how to choose the best one, you can choose one of the following.
XINCOL Heavy Duty 1-Gauge Ultra 2500A 100% Copper Wire Jumper Cable Booster Cable For Truck Anti-frozon Heat Insulation Jump Leads...
- On the basis of +15 years of Car Roadside Assistance, XINCOL brand founder Jack Guo invented This Professional Jumper Cable After He Had Tried Hundreds of Useless Poor Quality Thin Jumper Cables. It is No.1 Choice of Professional Car Dealership and Vehicle Rescue Personnel.
This is an excellent jumper cable from Xincol, which comes in 4 different sizes of 10 feet, 13 feet, 16 feet & 20 feet. It comes with a 4 gauge and made up of durable material which can last for a long time. With 100 % copper wire for great connectivity. The jumper cable can handle an outside temperature of as low as -600
The cables are tangle free and have copper clamps with a jaw which can hold on to the battery. Comes in bright colors for better identification. This best jumper cable, Works in all types of vehicles like cars, vans, trucks, motorcycles etc.
- Can last a long time, cables are durable & sturdy
- Tangle-free cables
- Brightly colored with 100% cotton wire
- A bit on the costly side
- The 20 feet cable can take us a little more space in your trunk
This is a product from FJC which can be a good deal. This jumper cable can be used for both commercial uses as well as for personal use. Designed to hold 800 amps of electricity. A tangle free cable made out of pure copper has 1- gauge size. An excellent product which can handle heavy duty usage suitable for diesel trucks also.
- Can be used for both commercial & personal use
- 800 amps of electricity can pass through
- Tangle-free& heavy duty
- Decently priced
- Not resistant to hot or excessive cold temperature.
- Fits top and side post batteries
- Ergonomically designed handles
- Engineered for warm and cold climates
- (Polar-Glo) Polarity labels glow in the dark
- Made in America
This is a great product from Coleman cable, which is designed for heavy-duty It comes with a 4-gauge booster & is very efficient. Best jumper Cables come in two different sizes of 12 feet & 20 feet.
The cables are tangle free & are insulated with a T-Prene coating which makes it flexible & easy to store. The colors make it visible at night &give it a glow in the dark.
The clips are ergonomically designed to fit in hand & the clamping surface is designed to stop accidental contact. Works perfectly in both hot & cold climates. Priced very competitively it is a great product in the line-up.
- Priced Nominally
- Good Quality
- Cables are insulated for all weather use
- Secure clamps
- Clamp metals are thin
- Not very sturdy
- Zippered case with integrated reflective triangle.
- 8 ft. 10GA jumper cables for light autos
- 2 ton 14 ft. tow rope (1,333 lbs. working load)
- Krypton flashlight (2 AA batteries included).
This is a cable from Performance Tool which has the capability to support up to 800 amps of electricity. The cable is designed to support both professional as well as personal use. Comes with a long range of options which varies in length of the wire i.e. 12 feet, 16 feet & 20 feet, the range doesn’t end there it has options for different Amp option also. From 250 to a massive 800 amps& the gauge options vary from 10-gauge to 2-gauge. The jaw clamps are pure copper, well built & quick to transfer electricity. Jumper cables can charge vehicles ranging from cars, vans to trucks & tractors. The cables also tangle free much like our previous products.
The best part is you also have an option of a 900amps jumper starter. A jumper starter would help you power your dead battery without the need of another car. You can add a jumper starter with an additional $122.
- Tangle-free& easy to store
- The low range of options
- Can be used for professional as well as personal use
- Heavy duty
- Cables are heavy
- Take more storage place
- Tangle-free construction
- Durable, flexible wire
- Shock proof coating on heavy duty Clamps
Another decent product which you can spend your money is this jumper cable from Cal Hawk Tools. Comes with an extra-long cable & features a parrot jaw clamps. The jumper cable comes with 600 amps of electricity at once.
The cables are designed tangle-free& the material used is durable & flexible. Works perfectly in both hot & cold temperatures. It works with both 12 & 24 volt systems. The clamps are shockproof like the heavy duty clamps. It comes with 2-gauge cable.
- Heavy duty cables
- Includes parrot jaw which can hold on to the batteries firmly
- Suitable for all seasons
- Works in both 12 & 24 volts
- Takes a bit longer to charge larger batteries
- AAA QUALITY: These auto jumper cables come backed by the best known name in the automotive industry, AAA. Unlike off the shelf cables, you know you are getting only the finest with AAA.
- GAUGE POWER: With jumpstarting a car its key to remember; the smaller the gauge number the greater electrical capacity a cable can deliver, our thick 6 gauge wire gives you more power when charging a battery in need of a jump start
A product from AAA, which is 16’ & has a 6-gauge cable. This best jumper cable is a heavy duty cable & charges a dead battery pretty quickly. 6-gauge wire works pretty well than any other light-duty The clamps come with rubber insulation which is great for quality& the cables are brightly colored.
The boosters are affordable &come with a prong at the tip of the clamps which makes it easier to fit a small battery terminal. Also comes with a storage pouch. Has 400 amps of wire.
- Has a long cable
- Works well with small battery terminals
- A pouch for storage is a good addition
Sometimes it can have a weak connection
Best jumper cable 2019 Buying Guide
When you are driving a jumper cable acts as safety equipment & is something which you should definitely carry in your car, & yes it does require a little place in your trunk but can be very handy at times. We’ll go through a few of the necessities you should know before spending your hard earned on one of these.
Cable Length: This is one of the very basic features you must look into before purchasing a jumper cable. The last thing you would want after your battery dies is towing your vehicle. A decent cable would have 12 feet in length, which should be sufficient in case of a breakdown. Too short will result in you in towing & too long would take up more place in your trunk.
Wire Gauge: The basic thumb rule for the wire gauge is lower the gauge more the power & more the gauge lesser the power. A lower gauge specifically an 8-gauge wire would be perfect for charging most of the vehicle but a 6 gauge or a 4-gauge would be even better. Usually, people prefer a 4-gauge wire which is best for most users. Also make sure the cable comes with big alligator clips: bigger alligator clips would allow a firmer grip.
Clamp: A sturdy clamp is very important for a good pair of the jumper cable. Clamps with teeth are better as they can hold on the batteries sturdily. Also, it would be of additional benefit if the cables are rubber coated which would prevent shocks in case of short circuit.
Clip-Material: This is another important feature of a good jumper cable. The claps made out of pure copper is always better as copper is an excellent conductor of electricity. A solid copper would any day transmit better electricity than a simple copper unit. A simple copper would depreciate quickly over normal wear & tear than a pure copper clamp. Avoiding of clamps which will allow less electricity to transmit is always a better idea.
Insulation: A better-insulated jumper would always be advisable. Simply talking a better-insulated wire are those which are thicker. Also, poorly insulated wires seem to crack in hot weather &are difficult to straighten out making it tough to use.
Voltmeter: A very useful addition to the whole system is a voltmeter. A voltmeter would give you sureties about both the batteries if they are connected or not.
To make your drive a little safer & easier you must have a pair of best jumper cable in your vehicle. The battery can die off easily & when you least expect. When you spend your money on a decent jumper cable if you need to keep in mind the features we have listed previously. A reliable set of jumper cable must be safe, easy to use & well-built to provide maximum efficiency.
Share with us your views on a good jumper cable in the comments down below.
Check Our other Car Accessories Buying Guide:
- 1 Best Jumper Cable 2019 List
- 2 Best Jumper Cable Reviews
- 2.1 Xincol Jumper Cable
- 2.2 FJC Commercial Duty Booster
- 2.3 Coleman Cable Booster
- 2.4 Performance Tool Jumper Cable
- 2.5 Cal-Hawk Jumper Cable
- 2.6 4326AAA Heavy Duty Booster
- 3 Best jumper cable 2019 Buying Guide