Today’s definition of beauty covers everything from head to toe. It is not restricted to just good clothes and makeup. Taking care of body from within, skin care, hair care, nourishment and many more factors contribute to the beauty as a whole. One of the most important factors of all is a smooth and hairless skin.
There are many methods of body hair removal now days. One most common one is shaving. But it is very risky as you can accidentally cut your skin which might get infected too. Waxing is also followed by some people. But using hot wax may burn and damage your skin and cause severe irritations as well. Lastly, there are a few who prefer hair removal creams that work by dissolving the hair and removing from the base. But we should not forget that these creams contain harmful chemicals which again might cause skin problems. So, we recommend one the safest ways of hair removal, which is, using an best epilator for women.
What is Epilator for Women
An epilator is an electronic device which pulls out body hair by clutching multiple hair at the same time and then pulling them out or epilating them. In this regard it works under the same principle as waxing but it does not use the sticky and uncomfortable wax. It also does not remove the epithelium of the epidermis which is why it is less painful. The good epilators are categorized under three different segments. They are spring, rotating disc and tweezers type.
Type of Epilator
- Spring type epilators are the first kind of epilators in the market and the concept is currently used in certain facial hair epilating devices.
- Rotating disc type epilators function in the similar fashion as spring type ones but they have rotating discs instead of spring. This kind helps in removing the body hair and discarding them due to the centrifugal force caused by the rotating discs.
- The tweezers type epilators are the modern time epilation mechanism which has evolved with time and effective design.
There are various epilators currently available in the market. Some the best ones are listed below. We have restricted our list to tweezers type epilators only which are very popular now days.
Best Epilators for women reviews
1. Braun Silk-épil 9 9-521 : Best Epilator under $100
The Braun Silk-épil 9 9-521 is one of the most popular and favored epilator in our list. The dimension of the product is 7.1 x 2.6 x 7.8 inches and it removes body hair with precision and speed. It is ideal if you want to remove body hair just before you go out or before going to office. It works with the microgrip tweezer technology which enables it to remove even the smallest of hairs. The pivot head of the device is 40 percent wider than others along with 40 tweezers which helps it to cover larger section of skin at one go. It is lightweight and creates only 70dB of noise. It can be used in wet or dry conditions and is capable of functioning cordless. It has a battery life of 40 minutes.
The Braun 7921 Silk-epil is a two in one product that works as an epilator and an exfoliation device too. All thanks to its separate pivot epilation head and exfoliating heads. This product endorses the superior and advanced close grip and sonic technologies which remove the smallest and toughest hair with perfection. There are 40 tweezers present in the device which helps it to remove even smallest hair with precision. Exfoliation is an important part of proper epilation. The high-frequency massage system of the product which produces 3,000 micro vibrations per minute that takes care of proper exfoliation. The exfoliation brush head also helps in removing the dead skin layer in a smooth and gentle way. this best epilator can be used as cordless and on wet and dry conditions. It has a battery life of 40 minutes and takes around an hour to fully charge.
3. Braun Silk Epil 7181 : Best Epilator for legs
The Braun Silk Epil 7181 is the base and the first variant of the Braun Silk Epil 7 product line. The dimension of the device is 7.1 x 2.6 x 7.8 inches and it weighs around 1.3 pounds. It has 40 tweezers that work on close grip technology which allows it to epilate even the tiniest of hair. It gives you the hair free skin for almost four weeks. It is a cordless epilator that can be used on wet or dry conditions. The Smartlight helps in hair removal with precision. this Braun Epilator contains an efficiency cap which enables maximum skin contact and hair removal. It is recommended to use this product if one is experienced in using epilators. It is most effective in hair removal of legs. It has a battery life of 40 minutes.
4. Philips Satin Perfect HP6576 : Best Epilator 2017
The Philips Satin Perfect HP6576 is a tough competitor to the Braun Silk product line. The dimension of the product is 3.8 x 1 x 5 inches and it weighs around 1.1 pounds. It has 32 tweezers, is light weight and has a pivot head. It supports both corded and cordless functionality with a battery life of 40 minutes. The model contains ceramic tweezers which are hypo allergic and textured in nature and has a wider head which covers more area at a single stroke. There are two speed settings for required usage. It has an active massage system which soothes the skin after epilation. The epilation head is washable and ensures proper hygiene. The product comes with a two year manufacturer warranty and the package includes a zipper pouch.
The Panasonic ES-ED90-P, get 5th position in our list of best epilator for women, is the best in class epilator for sensitive skin. It is a good product for beginners. The product has the dimension of 5.3 inch (h) x 1.6 inch (l) x 2.3 inch (w) and weighs around 6 ounce. It causes less irritation to the skin as it plucks lesser hair with a pass. It causes the least pain among all other products. It is a bit more comfortable than others in comparison. It has the 60 degree pivot head for cleaning and close shaving and comes in with 6 attachments which are epilation head, epilation beginner cap, epilation gentle cap, foot care head, shaver head and bikini cap. This best epilator for bikini area is powered with 48 tweezers. It can be used for wet and dry conditions. It takes 1 hour to fully charge the device and can be used for 90 minutes. It comes in a travel friendly pouch. Also check Panasonic ES8103S Electric shaver
The Braun Silk Epil 5280 has similar performance capacity as the Braun Silk Epil 7 range and is cheaper too. The dimension of the product is 7.1 x 2.6 x 7.8 inches and it weighs around 1.3 pounds. The only down side to the model is that it has to be plugged in for usage and hence cannot be used under water. But this aids a constant performance without dipping. It has a pivot head consisting of 40 tweezers. It has three attachments such as a shaver head, a trimmer cap and an efficiency cap. You can adjust the speed settings according to the need and there is a Smartlight which helps in tiny hair removal efficiently.
7. Emjoi Ap-18 Emagine : Best Epilator for underarms
The Emjoi Ap-18 Emagine is the only epilator in our list of best epilator for women with the most number of tweezers. It has 72 tweezers and hence has the ability to clear up larger areas faster. But the work finish is not very satisfactory as it leaves out smaller hairs. The dimension of the product is 5 x 1.5 x 5 inches and it weighs around 1.4 pounds. The device has dual opposed staggered heads which is not seen in other epilators. It is a corded epilator and hence cannot be used under water. It is based on Glide Technology and Silver Ion Technology. This ensures hair free skin for almost 6 weeks. The silver ion technology enables the anti-microbial protection for the skin. It is an easy to handle epilator due to its ergonomic design. this is the best epilator for underarms.
8. Philips HP6401 : Best Cheap Epilator
The Phillips HP6401 is one of the cheapest and effective varieties of epilator for a budget conscious person. The dimension of the product is 2.2 x 6.8 x 8.5 inches and it weighs around 8 ounces. Its performance is okay as compared to other epilators but the efficiency is bit less as sometimes it takes 4 to 5 passes to clear out a single patch of skin. It contains 21 tweezers and works well for epilating legs. It has two speed settings and its ergonomic design is easy to handle and use. There are two speed settings for customization according to the need. The price of the product is lower compared to other epilators in the market. It is a corded epilator and hence cannot be used under water. The package comes with an efficiency cap that can remove body hair from the sensitive areas.
The Remington Smooth and Silky Full Size Epilator (EP6010) is the epilator with 42 tweezers and two speed settings for removal of coarse and fine hair. The dimension of the product is 3.2 x 5 x 9.6 inches. The head of the epilator is curved which means that you can use it on curvier surface of the body. It is meant for corded use only. The package comes with the epilator itself, a protective cap and a cleaning brush. There is a two year manufacturer warranty with the product.
The Epilady Legend 4th Generation Rechargeable Epilator is rechargeable in nature that can be used to remove body hair in an effective and efficient way. The dimension of the product is 2.5 x 1 x 5.5 inches and it weighs around 6.4 ounces. It keeps your skin smooth and hair free for almost 4 to 6 weeks. It can be used with cord or cordless. The epilation head is wide, has a perfect angle and contains 40 tweezers for fast and efficient epilation. The device comes with a dual voltage adaptor (110-240 v), hence can be used anywhere. The package comes with the device, storage pouch, cleaning brush and a user manual. There is one year manufacturer warranty on the product.
Epilators are by far one of the cheapest and most effective body hair removal equipment in comparison to other techniques and products.
- Epilators are the quick and clean mode of hair removal. It is a safe and hygienic process of hair. In case of razors the fear of getting cut and the burning sensation always remains. The waxing process may get the skin burned or broken. Epilators are safe and hygienic as they remove hair from the root with perfection without causing any damage to the skin.
- The epilators prove to be a pocket friendly investment in the longer time period. The razor blades worn out with time and have to be constantly replaced. For waxing, one needs to visit a parlor at required intervals depending on hair growth which results in shedding out a lot of money. Even if waxing is done at home it requires wax strips, wax heater, wax, applicator and other stuff. While some elements can be reused, an individual needs to buy wax strips and wax at regular intervals. Whereas a good epilator might seem costly in the beginning, but with proper usage it lasts long and is a onetime investment.
Best Epilator for women Buying Guide 2017
Also before you purchase the epilator for women, there are a few pointers to be kept in mind. An essential buying guide:-
- It is crucial to know the skin type and skin sensitivity. Not all products suit everyone. So, if you have a sensitive skin and tend to get irritations, then choose the epilator accordingly.
- The performance of the epilators has to be considered before purchasing. There are quite a few reviews available online for the products you are looking for. So, it is better to go through the experiences of people who have already used the device.
- It is better to buy something that has the option of speed settings. Some parts of the body have thick hair growth while other parts don’t. Also the skin is not same everywhere. Using the same speed setting at all places might be risky. Regulating the speed settings is essential.
- The number of tweezers present in the epilator affects the performance of the device. Having larger number of tweezers means that it will clear up greater sections in limited time. But it might also result is greater discomfort. For beginners, a medium tweezers density epilator is ideal.
- Epilators are either corded or cordless. Ideally the cordless ones are safer as they can be used under water too. But they become a bit pricier in certain cases. It is better to choose accordingly.
- Not all epilators can be used in every part of the body. You need check the usage pattern before buying.
With the product list and buying guide for best epilator for women, you are ready to purchase your epilator. Go get that flawless, smooth and hair free skin you always dream off and if you buy Epilator of men check Fashion Guruji where you get everthing about men.
- 1 Best Epilators for women reviews
- 1.1 1. Braun Silk-épil 9 9-521 : Best Epilator under $100
- 1.2 2. Braun 7921 Silk-epil
- 1.3 3. Braun Silk Epil 7181 : Best Epilator for legs
- 1.4 4. Philips Satin Perfect HP6576 : Best Epilator 2017
- 1.5 5. Panasonic ES-ED90-P
- 1.6 6. Braun Silk Epil 5280
- 1.7 7. Emjoi Ap-18 Emagine : Best Epilator for underarms
- 1.8 8. Philips HP6401 : Best Cheap Epilator
- 1.9 9. Remington Smooth and Silky Full Size Epilator (EP6010)
- 1.10 10. Epilady Legend 4th Generation Rechargeable Epilator
- 1.11 Best Epilator for women Buying Guide 2017