If you click a link on this page and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More
Oral hygiene, most talked about, fussed over and yet most of us don’t know what it takes to be the best electric toothbrush and which one is the right one for you? Here, the team at Best10productreviews brings you the expert tips on which toothbrush is the right one for you and which might be just perfect for you and in your budget.
Read on to know the best electric toothbrush reviews that have been given by users based on their experience.
Our top 10 Best Electric Toothbrush 2019:
|Image(s)||Model Name(s)||Battery life(s)||Rating/Buy on Amazon|
|Philips Sonicare DiamondCare||upto 3 weeks||4.3 out of 5 Star
|Philips Sonicare 2||upto 2 weeks||4.2 out of 5 Star
|Oral-B Pro 1000||upto 1 week||4.4 out of 5 Star
|Pursonic High Power||upto 3 days||3.5 out of 5 Star
|Waterpik Sensonic||upto 1 week||4.0 out of 5 Star
|Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum||upto 3 weeks||4.5 out of 5 Star
The team considered 10 electric toothbrushes from different brands and has narrowed down the list to these five. The basis of rating these brands has been user experience, user reviews, and after-care support. Please note that the American Dental Association still suggest following the proper flossing and brushing technique regardless of which toothbrush you are using
Other features include the battery, travel convenience, and ease of usage. Please note that price doesn’t play a significant role in this review of best electric toothbrush 2019.
Best Electric Toothbrush Reviews 2019
1. Philips Sonicare DiamondCare : Best Sonic Rechargeable Electric ToothBrush
- The most loved electric toothbrush brand by Americans and their dentists
- Removes 100% more plaque than a manual toothbrush in hard to reach areas. Includes 2 DiamondClean brush heads
- Whitens teeth in just 1 week, Healther gums in only 2 weeks
Philips Sonicare DiamondCare is one amazing toothbrush that is worth the investment and effort. It utilizes sonic technology to give you a sparkling smile by effectively dislodging the plaque and stains off the surface of the teeth. It claims to give you 31,000 strokes in a minute! Comfortable to hold the handle and the glass tumbler charger where you can keep it after every use adds to its USP. Moreover, the manufacturer, Philips, keeps on upgrading the model timely that ensures the introduction of new technologies to keep pace with the new cleaning techniques. It has also been observed that many dentists also recommend this toothbrush too. this is the best Sonicare toothbrush.
We can get lots of Sonicare coupon on Amazon and you will able to save a decent amount.
2. Philips Sonicare 2: Best Electric Toothbrush Under $50
- A gap between the handle and the brush head is expected - the gap allows the BH room to move accordingly
- Removes up to 6x more plaque than a manual toothbrush. Includes 1 ProResults plaque control brush head. Features click on brush head system
Another quality product from the same brand, Philips Sonicare 2 is very popular among users for its value for money proposition and amazing features. It is a sonic toothbrush and seems to be the perfect pick if you are using an electric toothbrush for the first time and want to take up this new age technology as a trial.
Most of the people are concerned with Oral- B vs. Sonicare as the toothbrush is in market rivalry with Oral-B Pro 1000. While both electric toothbrushes hold their significant value and market share, it is very important to understand their differences to make an informed decision.
When compared with Oral-B Pro 1000, Philips Sonicare 2 is far more user-friendly and easy to use. Oral-B is an oscillating toothbrush whereas Philips Sonicare-2 is a sonic one. It pulsates at 31,000 brush strokes and weighs just 4.5 ounces. Its battery, when fully charged, is expected to last for about 2 weeks. The warranty period of Sonicare 2 is two years. The toothbrush comes with a unique reminder bristle technology feature that changes the color of bristles from blue to white whenever it is time to replace it.
Apart from that, this toothbrush from Philips features an Easy Start mode, a 30-second timer for quadrants and automatic shut down feature after two minutes of brushing.
The price value of both brushes is the same. The best part is its charging dock that also serves as the carrying case.
3. Oral-B Pro 1000 : Value for Money Electric ToothBrush
- Clinically proven superior 3D Cleaning Action oscillates, rotates and pulsates to break up and remove 300% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush
- The pressure sensor stops the pulsation movement if you brush too hard and the in-handle timer helps you brush for a dentist-recommended 2 minutes
The Oral-B Pro 1000 is pocket-friendly entry and perfect for anyone who is trying out electric toothbrushes for the first time. This oscillating toothbrush features one head and one mode. You can change the heads with other models from Oral-B but with one mode of cleaning, its function is terribly limited. But as far as ease of usage is concerned, many users recommend it as it is their next step and a great leap of faith into the world of electric toothbrushes, which can also lead them to the likes of Philips Sonicare 2 or Braun electric toothbrush. Some of its features include a pressure sensor, 30-second timer for each quadrant and charging indicator. The battery lasts about a week if you don’t keep it plugged in. Like most of the brands, the warranty spans over two years.
4. Pursonic High Power : Best Budget Electric ToothBrush
PURSONIC S500 Ultra High Powered Sonic Electric Toothbrush with Dock Charger & 12 Brush Heads (Value Pack)
- Includes S500 rechargeable toothbrush, 12 brush heads, storage charging base that can hold up to 6 color coated brush heads. Great for family use
- Sonic wave toothbrush with 40,000 ultra powerful strokes per minute
With over 40,000 brush strokes in a minute, Pursonic is nothing but high power for you. It’s 12 heads and charging base is its unique feature. Its charging base can hold over six brushes that are an ideal proposition for families. Three operating modes cover massage, power cleaning, and gentle cleaning. Gentle cleaning mode is ideal for people with braces and denture. Massage mode is good for people with sensitive gums.
It isn’t a regular entry level electric toothbrush, given its high power strokes. Hence, it is for you if you have been using one for a while now as the high-speed vibrations can take time to get used to. With a complete charge, the battery of the brush can last for over two weeks. Like its counterparts, it comes with a 30-sec reminder, charge indicator and automatic shut-off of 2 minutes. However, please note that the warranty for this brush is just 12 months, unlike the two years warranty offered by other noteworthy brands. It comes with 12 replacement heads.
- More effective sonic toothbrushing for healthier gums and brighter teeth
- State-of-the-art sonic technology delivering powerful, yet gentle plaque removal with 30,500 brush strokes per minute
- Features advanced brush head design, with extra-soft, end-rounded bristles, gently targets those hard to reach areas between teeth
The manufacturer terms it as a state-of-the-art technology owing to the sonic technology it uses in a gentler manner. People who have been looking for more out of their oral care regime and general cleaning routine, it is for you! There are only mode and three brush heads that focus on cleaning, perfection and trouble areas. It is notably heavier than the rest of the counterparts mentioned here. It features battery indicator, 30-sec quadrant pacer, two-minute vibration alert as a timer, cover for brush head and a travel case. The battery lasts for about two weeks and the brush comes with a 2-year warranty. If you try searching the reviews online, you will be surprised to know that there are almost no user complaints against the usage of the toothbrush.
- No. 1 recommended brand by dental professionals
- Removes up to 10x more plaque than a manual toothbrush for a deep clean
- 9 customizable brushing experiences: 3 modes combined with 3 intensity settings to adapt to your brushing needs
It is one of the most affordable offerings by Philips. It has UV sanitizer to keep the brush protected against germs. The pressure sensor lets you know if you have been applying too much pressure on gums and teeth while cleaning. The brush modes and the intensity of cleaning can be adjusted too. However, the electric toothbrush has no money-back offer if you don’t like its performance. Besides, the heads are way too costlier than Oral-B’s. But as far as the performance of the toothbrush is concerned, its user ratings are proof that it is at par.
Why do you need an electric toothbrush?
Because you need a good clean mouth, may be? You need to protect your gums and teeth against cavities and plaque.
Why can’t you just go for a manual toothbrush?
You can. We aren’t stopping you from that but studies have suggested that an electric toothbrush reaches even the deepest corner of your mouth and gives you an all round protection against cavities and plaque. It is even effective against manual toothbrush. In fact, most of the dentists have also suggested that manual toothbrushes are technique dependent and you might not be able to master it to clean teeth effectively. Hence, they recommend the use of electric toothbrushes. Moreover, these have also proven to be better with denture and braces than a manual toothbrush.
How many types of electric toothbrushes are available in the market?
Well, we don’t blame you for not using electric toothbrushes until now. Manual toothbrushes are cheaper and they don’t have any rocket-science variations coming in the market ranging from rotating, oscillating and sonic, leaving you utterly confused and at your wits’ end over which one you should go for.
The cheapest and most basic of all of them is the rotating ones that spin. Then, there are rotating-oscillating ones that rotate in one way and then other, keeping you focused on one task at a time. Sonic electronic toothbrushes are more expensive of the lot that come equipped with high frequency and speed to clean your teeth effectively. And then comes the latest and the most expensive among all, ultrasonic. Ultrasonic electronic toothbrushes are capable to create sound waves amounting to millions per second and unleash them on to the surface of teeth to protect and clean them effectively.
Benefits of using an electronic toothbrush
It is easy to use. All you have to do is to put it in your mouth and let it do its job. Say goodbye to manual scrubbing and cleaning as you switch to the electronic toothbrush.
The electronic toothbrushes come with timers that turn the toothbrush on and off. This means calibrated performance resulting in amazing and effective plaque cleaning.
Cons of using an electronic toothbrush:
- The cost of electric toothbrush is way higher than the manual ones. You not only have to spend more than a routine manual toothbrush but you will also end up spending on the replacement heads whenever there is a need.
- You will also have to charge it and replace the battery.
- If you are suffering from any kind of sensitivity or teeth problems, then you might need to invest in a toothbrush that utilizes different vibration settings, which mean extra costs.
Best Electric Toothbrush Buying guide 2019
The Difference between Battery-Powered and Rechargeable Electric Toothbrushes?
Rechargeable electric toothbrushes are ideal and cost-effective but they are costlier too. However, if you see in the long run, they are far better and complete value-for-money. And nowadays, the advanced models in the market pack in pressure sensors, brushing models, timers and many more features than an average battery-powered toothbrush doesn’t. See a battery-powered toothbrush as a manual toothbrush that vibrates in your mouth. Apart from that, a battery-powered toothbrush offers nothing exclusive.
It is the price that is the decisive factor for people choosing battery-powered toothbrush than a full-fledged electric toothbrush. Costing just a few dollars extra, the battery brushes become the first choice for many people who can’t afford or are willing to shell more than $200 just for a toothbrush. Yes, we have very conveniently skipped the cost of replacement of heads and electricity. Apart from the hi-tech version of electric toothbrushes such as Sonicare and Oral-B, you have pretty basic versions of rechargeable electric toothbrushes available in the market too. you can get deals and coupons of an electric toothbrush.
2. Warranties & Guarantees
More the complex and advanced version of rechargeable brushes, chances are that it might offer a complete warranty on damages. Most of the brands such as Philips and Braun offer repairs and replacement of toothbrushes if it is broken within two years of purchase and has any technical issue. And it shouldn’t come as a shocker that you might end up paying a little extra for such added benefit.
3. Which Electric Toothbrush good for Kids
Usually, for kids, you should go for battery-powered and manual toothbrushes as kids tend to be very careless with such things and you don’t want to incur extra costs. For older kinds, Philips, Sonicare, and Oral-B have introduced rechargeable electric toothbrushes.
Best Kids Electric Toothbrush
The Difference between Rotating-Oscillating and Sonic Electric Toothbrushes?
There are two major players that are ruling the market in this segment- Oral-B and Philips Sonicare. This also decides the function that you are looking for in your toothbrush. You want a toothbrush that rotates as well as oscillates to and fro in between your mouth or you want a toothbrush that vibrates at super speed to give you the feeling of super-cleaned mouth? We are talking about Oral-B electric toothbrush and Philips toothbrush here respectively.
Let’s know them better.
1. Oscillating toothbrushes:
Oral-B is the major player in the segment and its range of toothbrushes features round yet smaller heads that turn direction alternatively for effective cleaning.
2. Sonic Toothbrushes:
It vibrates at high speed to give you the perfect oral hygiene and yet looks like a routine regular toothbrush. Some of the brands claim that they utilize cleaning fluid of water, saliva, and toothpaste to clean the teeth.
3. Pulsating Toothbrushes:
Some toothbrushes available in the market pulsate backward and forward, which is very effective in cleaning plaque.
The function of these toothbrushes is same as oscillation toothbrushes except that the head of brush and bristles rotate in different directions at one time.
5. Dual Head Electric Toothbrushes:
These toothbrushes are two in one wherein the one head rotates and the other head sweeps sideways.
Please note that there is no clinical significance as to what electric toothbrush you should use. It all depends on personal choice and mostly, it is all hit and trial method. However, based on user reviews, it has been observed that oscillating toothbrushes have a smaller head and thus, can easily fit into your mouth and even reach to the deepest corners. You just need to move it from one part to another in your mouth. On the other hand, you need to maneuver sonic toothbrush in your mouth the way you would do with a manual toothbrush.
How much should you spend on an electric toothbrush?
Think of electric toothbrush as a gadget, which when loaded with features is expected to costlier and as you skim down the features, you can narrow down the prices as well. If you are looking for replacement heads that are rechargeable too, be prepared to shell more than $200 in fact.
So, if you want to narrow down the list on the basis of features, here is what you should be looking at:
- Easy Grip
- Long-Lasting battery
- Small replaceable toothbrush head and compatibility with various heads and bristles to provide you with functions for floss, care for braces and denture, sensitive gums and many more.
How long will the electric toothbrush battery last for?
This pretty much depends on how long you clean your teeth for or the number of times you use a toothbrush for. Like the standby time for your phone model, this pretty much depends on you. Though some of the brands claim to have rechargeable batteries lasting for more than six and a half weeks, which can, of course, vary in terms of functions you use the toothbrush for.
For instance, if you are using the toothbrush just for cleaning teeth and not flossing or dislodging the plaque, it might last longer.
Electric Toothbrush Warranty
Apart from these basic features, if you could afford more and would like to have extra benefits to the oral healthcare regime, look for these:
- Travel case to keep your toothbrush safe and hygienic.
- Quadpacer to enable timer of 30 seconds for effective cleaning of all quadrants.
- The pressure sensor is a handy feature to have if you have sensitive gums. It will stop you from applying too much pressure.
- Charge-level display to remind you of charging the toothbrush.
- Various brushing modes for flossing, whitening, and sensitivity.
- UV sanitizer to keep your toothbrush protected against germs to a considerable extent.
- Money back guarantees for a certain period.
- If you are looking for an electric toothbrush for kids, go for a toothbrush with a smaller handle, head, and comfortable grip. However, it depends on the age group as well because kids of different age might require different sizes and features in a toothbrush.
Hope it answers your questions and queries regarding electric toothbrush reviews and the best electric toothbrush of the lot. Kindly note that the toothbrush you are going to like depends on your preference, gum health, and personal choice. It is recommended that you consult your dentist before purchasing one to avail the maximum benefit of its cleaning and ensure optimum oral hygiene for yourself.
- 1 Our top 10 Best Electric Toothbrush 2019:
- 2 Best Electric Toothbrush Reviews 2019
- 2.1 1. Philips Sonicare DiamondCare : Best Sonic Rechargeable Electric ToothBrush
- 2.2 2. Philips Sonicare 2: Best Electric Toothbrush Under $50
- 2.3 3. Oral-B Pro 1000 : Value for Money Electric ToothBrush
- 2.4 4. Pursonic High Power : Best Budget Electric ToothBrush
- 2.5 5. Waterpik Sensonic
- 2.6 6. Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum
- 2.7 Why do you need an electric toothbrush?
- 2.8 Why can’t you just go for a manual toothbrush?
- 2.9 How many types of electric toothbrushes are available in the market?
- 2.10 Benefits of using an electronic toothbrush
- 2.11 Cons of using an electronic toothbrush:
- 3 Best Electric Toothbrush Buying guide 2019
- 4 The Difference between Rotating-Oscillating and Sonic Electric Toothbrushes?
- 4.1 1. Oscillating toothbrushes:
- 4.2 2. Sonic Toothbrushes:
- 4.3 3. Pulsating Toothbrushes:
- 4.4 4. Counter-Oscillation:
- 4.5 5. Dual Head Electric Toothbrushes:
- 4.6 How much should you spend on an electric toothbrush?
- 4.7 How long will the electric toothbrush battery last for?
- 4.8 Electric Toothbrush Warranty
- 5 Conclusion